Tuesday, October 17, 2006

HE ATE WHAT???

Well yes, it's been awhile since my last blog (hmmm... how many hail marys for that?) - graduate school consumes most of my time these days... During the time I'm not hitting the books and filling my brain with more information than should be put in such a small space, my adventurous husband and I have been checking out the local restaurants. The last one we tried looked like a hastily nailed together shack that was about to fall to the ground - hey what better place to eat than a place where their idea of interior decorating is a deer head on the wall and cowboy memorabilia everywhere? Everything on the menu was some sort of hamburger thing. Actually it turned out to be more like meatloaf (according to Joe, who HATES meatloaf). You could have it with curry, with cheese, with pineapple, with mushrooms, or with some crazy noodles and sea creature appendages. Being one to try new things, Joe ordered the fried squid legs (yummy) as an appetizer. He said they were sort of like fried rubber bands (and who doesn't LOVE fried rubber bands?) and I'll have to take his word for it because although I like to think I'm fairly adventurous, eating something that looked like batter dipped tarantula legs didn't appeal to me. I really enjoyed the meatloaf thingy (I got mine with pineapple) until I finished mine and asked Joe why he hadn't eaten more than half of his (the crazy fried squid legs couldn't have filled him up THAT much). He told me he wanted to wait until I finished before showing me and then sort of nudged this little mini spaghetti-O looking thing toward the edge of his plate. It was a VEIN!!! I'm not sure I understand why he can eat squid legs but has a problem eating a little bitty round vein, but I have a HUGE problem with eating veins and became instantly nauseous. It took half a carton of Ben and Jerry's to get that image out of my head (though it still visits me occasionaly, sort of like post traumatic stress). I wonder what's going to be on the menu (or in the food) at the next place we try...

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 01 November, 2006, Blogger Marsha said...

Hi Christine!!! Looks like you guys are fitting in just fine - hehe.

I have a blog also. I think you can get to it by this link http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=35811284.

Let me know though, cuz I'm not sure. I had to create it for my class and it's kinda basic.

I haven't had time to scan and upload my pics yet (also busy with school) but I am planning to do it over the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Luv ya,
Marsha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home